Glenalbyn Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Glenalbyn (3517) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 180 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Glenalbyn is in the federal electorate of Murray.

In the 2011 census the population of Glenalbyn was 140 and is comprised of approximately 51.4% females and 48.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Glenalbyn is 46 years of age.

80.3% of people living in the suburb of Glenalbyn were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% Belgium, 2.1% England, 2.1% Scotland.

89.4% of people living in Glenalbyn speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Glenalbyn is 24.6% Uniting Church, 23.2% No religion, 16.9% Catholic, 16.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 12.7% Anglican, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.1% Seventh-day Adventist.

65.0% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 5.1% are divorced and 3.4% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Glenalbyn.

56.5% of the people living in Glenalbyn over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.8% are working on a part time basis. Glenalbyn has an unemployment rate of 8.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Glenalbyn are 46.3% Managers, 17.9% Professionals, 9.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.0% Technicians & trades workers, 4.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.5% Sales workers, 4.5% Community & personal service workers, 4.5% Labourers.

The main industries people from Glenalbyn work in are 48.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.1% Public administration and safety, 9.4% Retail trade, 9.4% Health care and social assistance, 4.7% Accommodation and food services, 4.7% Construction, 4.7% Education and training, 4.7% Transport, postal and warehousing.

63.0% of homes are fully owned, and 31.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $405 per week and the median household income is $840 per week.

The median rent in Glenalbyn is $40 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $602 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Glenalbyn postcode 3517

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Yarram 3971 -> South Eastern Victoria -> Victoria